The Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology is mandated by its Enabling Act to specifically provide management training for personnel employed in all modes of transport. NITT serves as a Transport Intelligence Centre for monitoring transport and logistics systems, and provide equipment and facilities for the encouragement, promotion and conduct of applied research in all modes of transport.
To become an internationally recognized centre of excellence, providing world-class professional training, research, advice and solutions to all issues relating to transportation in Nigeria and Africa.
To systematically provide professional training in all aspects of transportation and offer research and consultancy services to private and public transport agencies for the achievement of management excellence in all modes of transport in Nigeria and the West African sub-region
OBJECTIVES OF NITT
The Institute was primarily established to achieve the following objectives;
- Professionalization of the Transport Industry
- Continuous Development of Skills and Competencies in the Industry
- Conducting Basic and Applied Research
- Offering Expert Advice to the Industry
- Regulating Professional Training Standards and Practice in the Country
- Monitoring transport and Logistics activities
- Advising on Safety Standards, Procedure and Practices
- Advise Government on all matters relating to Transport and Logistics in the country.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Delivery of Quality Services
- Sustainability and Continuous Improvement
- Accountability and Discipline.
- Research and Development
THE INSTITUTE IS MANDATED TO :
- Provide Management Training for Personnel employed in all modes of transport.
- Serve as a Transport Intelligence Centre for monitoring transport and logistics systems
- Provide equipment and facilities for the encouragement, promotion and conduct of applied research in all modes of transport