The Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology (NITT) is a leading Training, Research andDevelopment Institute in Transport and Logistics Industry in Nigeria and West African Sub-region. For over two decades, the Institute has been in the vanguard of Transport and Logistics education and research in Nigeria, serving both the public and private sector of the economy.
To become an internationally recognized centre of excellence, providing world-class professional training, research, advice and solutions to all issues relating to transportation in Nigeria and Africa.
To systematically provide professional training in all aspects of transportation and offer research and consultancy services to private and public transport and logistics agencies for the achievement of management excellence in all modes of transport in Nigeria and the West African sub-region.
- Long-term Professional Training
- Continuous Skills Development
- Research, Consultancy & Advisory
- Transport Intelligence; and
- Transport Technology Development
LIST OF CUSTOMERS
|Federal High Court||FMOT||Dangote Plc|
|PTDF||NPA||BUA Nigeria Limited|
|Export Promotion Council||NIWA||International NGOs|
|Transport Secretariat, FCDA||NIMASA||Intels|
|States Ministries of Works and Transport.||NRC||Greenview Limited|
|States Mass Transit Companies||CRFFN||Private Individuals etc.|
|States Directorate of Road Traffic Services (VIO)||NCAA|
|Nigerian Policy Force||AIB|
- Short Term courses, with duration of between 3 days – 2 weeks, are primarily
designed to enhance skills and competency of operatives and management cadres
of the transport and Logistics sectors.
- Long-Term Courses leading to the Award of Certificate, Diploma, Advanced
Diploma, Post-graduate Diploma and; Master in Transport and Logistics, with
duration of between 6 – 12 months are professional knowledge based programs
targeted at junior and middle cadre management levels cadre of the transport
- The performance target is to ensure that participants’ of all these programs
exhibit/portray high level of professionalism on their job post attendance of NITT
training, as well as improved productivity at work.
|Formal indication of interest in NITT programs||Advertise programs;||Provide serene and secure environment for learning;||Understand and Comply with Institute Vision and Mission;|
|Procurement of application for (Long Term Training);||Process admission, where applicable;||Provide decent and conducive accommodation for participants||Ensure supplies meet Institute specification and standard;
|Prompt Payment of course fee (Short-Term Training);||Register participants for programs;||Ensure regular supply of electricity;||Ensure prompt delivery of service;|
|Register for the course of study;||Prepare classrooms and other teaching aids;||Provide medical facilities for health and emergency needs;||Report barrier to service delivery to Servicom Desk|
|Available for lectures;`||Engage lecturers (Internal and External)||Provide recreation facilities;|
|Compliance with rules and regulations of the Institute||Prepare Time Table for Lectures;||Provide state- of -the –art- classrooms and Laboratory;|
|Available for exams; where applicable;||Prepare participants for Examinations, where applicable;||Prompt payment of lecturers (Internal and External)|
|Prompt payment of consultancy fee, based on agreement||Ensure strict compliance to rules and regulations by participants||Support Cordial relationship with clients|
|Report identify service gaps to Servicom Desk;||Arrange for local and International study tours for participants, where applicable;||Support SERVICOM Unit to ensure value added service is delivered in right quality and quantity etc|
|Ensure service is delivered in standard quality and promptly etc||Training and retraining of staff etc|
COMPLAINTS/GRIEVANCES REDRESS MECHANISM
- Report service failure to Head of Unit/ Department.
- Report complaint through designated questionnaire administer on participants;
- Report service failure through suggestion boxes;
- Redress through the Head of Department;
- Redress through Institute Standing Committee on Service Delivery.
STAKEHOLDERS PARTICIPATION IN SERVICE PROVISION
- Attendance at Stakeholders forum on Service Delivery in the Institute;
- Participation at Customers Interactive week Program;
- Identification of service failure and reporting same to the authority;
- Prompt response to Service Delivery survey (Questionnaire)
- Provision of feedbacks (complaint) on service failure on any areas of the Institute service
SPECIAL NEEDS PROVISION
- Ramp access to Ground floor classrooms are available;
- Noticeboard are provided for periodic service information and news on development in the Institute, for the use of staff and general public;
- Weekly Schedule of Visit to Director General office by the public is available;
- Door labeling are provided in each office, for ease of identification to public;
- Directory of Offices are provided at entrance to the Institute;
- Big sign post is provided at entrance to the Institute.
- Further details on Institute services are provided n the Institute website.
Lack of sufficient fund to carry out some of the requisite processes required ensuring
standardized service process, such as training and retraining of staff, periodic stakeholder
interaction, and publication of bulletin on service delivery and any other projects on service
delivery is a major change inhibiting nipping in the bud service failure in the Institute.
REVIEW OF CHARTER
This Charter shall be reviewed annually prior the commencement of new academic/ training
session; which usually commences by end of 1 st quarter (January-March) yearly. In the course of
the previous year, stakeholder forums ( comprises of staff and customers) shall be conducted to
interact and collect views of stakeholders on identified service gaps/ failure, with a view to
addressing them applying suggestions and recommendations of the stakeholders.
Also, the regular questionnaire administered on the stakeholders *customers and service
providers) by the SERVICOM Unit shall be analyzed to determine areas of service failure, so as
to address them in the New Year accordingly.
NITT SERVICOM MEMBERS
- Dr. Joshua Odeleye (Nodal Officer)
- Mr. Abdullahi Saleh
- Mr. Tijjani Abdulgnaiyu
- Mr. Dauda Suleiman
- Mrs. Ruth Abiodun Moses