The Transport School came into being in 1990 to offer professional residential programmes. The long-term programmes being run by this school are fashioned and packaged to develop core competencies in the transport profession in conformity with standards of the Chartered Institute of Transport and Logistics (CILT) International and other relevant professional bodies in the industry.
The school is responsible for setting pace for the development of professional training programmes for managers of Transport and Logistics in Nigeria and the rest of West African sub-region.
It initiates, designs, plans and delivers high standard professional programmes of study for the transport industry to achieve excellent management skills in Nigeria and Africa. It runs long term programmes leading to the award of Certificates, Diploma, Postgraduate Diplomas and Masters in Transport and Logistics
Features of the Long Term Programmes:
- Primary attention is being focused on developing core competencies, which apply regardless of the actual working environment be it public or private sector, or specialized mode-specific organizations or more broadly based industrial and commercial environment.
- Programmes are developed directly from analysis within the sector which facilitates the definition and description of the standards of what professionals are expected to do in the industry.
- Programmes are accredited by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport CILT (International) and other relevant international professional bodies that represent the interest of the sector internationally.
- Quality and relevance are assured and ensured through a feedback mechanism between the Institute as the training provider and the industry as the end-users and beneficiaries of the programmes.
- The Postgraduate programmes are being run jointly with Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
Transport School started in 1990 with two programmes namely induction and postgraduate Diploma programmes. Today, the School has expanded the programmes to five. They include:
- Masters in Transport and Logistics (MTL)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Transport & Logistics (PGDTL)
- Advanced Diploma in Transport and Logistics
- Diploma in Transport & Logistics (DTL)
- Certificate in Transport & Logistics (CTL)