The Library and Information Services Department is one of the two new Academic Departments established on June 20, 2013. The Library and Information Services Department is the life-blood of the Institute charged with the responsibility of providing library services and designing, deploying and maintaining Information and Communication Technology (ICT) facilities and equipments for information resource sharing for effective operation and management of the institute’s activities in order to achieve its mandate. In this Information Technology and Information resource era, no organisation can survive without information and communication technology (ICT) deployment and utilization. The department is divided into two units, namely; Library unit, and Information and communication Technology unit.
Circulation Section of the Library
The Institute has a well-equipped e-Library to enhance teaching and learning. The objective of deploying an e-library system at the institute’s main library is basically to exploit the tools of information and communication technology (ICT) with a mission of sharing resources available globally as well as providing right and nascent information to the users’ community at the right time. The library has the capacity to accommodate 150 users at a time and 30 users on the e-library section of the Institute.
For the proper administration of the unit, the library has been divided into five sections, namely: circulation, technical, serial, multi-media and e-library respectively to provide effective library services to the Institute and researchers on transport and logistics.
Activities Of Information and Communication Technology Unit
- Provide timely and effective advice and support on Management of ICT Infrastructures of the Institute.
- Install and maintain desktop computer systems
- Design and update the Institute’s website
- Contribute to the administration and maintenance of ICT systems, according to established procedures
- Contribute to the development of effective audio visual system to support the objectives of the Institute and its customers.
- Assisting with maintenance of network links and liaising with service providers; and
- Provide maintenance for directory services and user accounts (a case of intercommunication and on bulk email addresses for the institute.
- Design, support and maintenance of the institute’s internet and ICT infrastructure.
- Provide ICT Training and services to students and Institute’s community.